Gibside Chapel - North East England
Work on The Chapel was started by George Bowes in 1759 and completed in 1816 by his grandson, John Lyon. Designed by James Paine in the Palladian style and inspired by the buildings of ancient Greece and Rome.
It was reopened by the Queen Mother at a special service in 1966, when she handed over the keys to the National Trust. The chapel is regularly used for services, weddings and concerts.